Dr. Ronald Russ
As a proud member of the Merton community for over 12 years, I can’t say enough how excited I am to serve as your Superintendent. I have had the pleasure of watching all three of my children flourish while attending Merton Primary and Merton Intermediate over the past 9 years. Thanks to a great parent community and strong partnership with our PTO, our district continues to flourish by creating great learning opportunities for our students to learn and grow.
Over the past 5 years, we have created a high level of student engagement. With additions of personalized learning curriculums/programs in the area of mathematics, reading, and writing; our district has been able to meet kids where they are at academically and move them forward. Our district just updated our science program to include STEM programming for all students in grades 5K-8 as well as increased STEM/Science opportunities in 7th and 8th grade. Other enrichment opportunities continue to be expanded in the areas of art, music, and physical education. With a focus on the core subject areas, our student achievement indicators continue to show students are growing and achieving at high levels through a variety of assessment measures.
School Leadership Experience
- 2011-Present : Superintendent of the Merton Community School District
- 2008-2011: Principal of Nature Hill Intermediate School (5-8), Oconomowoc Area School District
- 2006-2008: Principal of Meadowview Elementary School (4K-6), Oconomowoc Area School District
- 2003-2006: Associate Principal of Oconomowoc High School, Oconomowoc Area School District
- 1999-2003: Math and Computer Science Teacher - Pewaukee High School
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D - Leadership Studies) - Marian University
- Masters Degree (School Administration) - Marian University
- Undergraduate Degree (Mathematics and Physics) - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee