Open Enrollment for 2015-2016
Application period is February 2 through April 30, 2015. Wisconsin’s inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents/guardians to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live. State residents in 4-year old kindergarten to grade 12 may apply to participate in open enrollment. More information about Merton and links to fill out an application can be found here. Applications must be completed online and received by the nonresident school district no later than 4:00 pm on Thursday, April 30, 2015.
Father & Daughter Sweetheart Dance
All girls in 4k-5th grade and their fathers (or grandfather, uncle or special man in their life) are invited to the Merton Sweetheart Dance. Save the date - Friday, February 13th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm in the Intermediate School Gymnasium. Please see the flyer for complete details and ticket order/RSVP form. (Ticket order forms must be returned to the school office by Friday, February 6th).
General Mills Box Tops Contest February 2-12
Our next General Mills Box Top contest kicks off Monday, February 2nd and ends Thursday, February 12th. Please remember to neatly trim your box tops and, if possible, submit them in bags of 50. Write “50” with a Sharpie on the outside of the baggie. Doing so greatly helps our volunteers in the counting process. (Bags marked with another number have to be hand counted into 50’s.) If you are interested in volunteering to help count or have other questions, please contact Michelle Ramus. We appreciate your support!
The Milwaukee Wave has generously offered free tickets once again for students who bring in Box Tops. As a thank you for participating in our recent General Mills Box Tops contest, the Milwaukee Wave is offering an exclusive free ticket offer for one of the following games: Saturday, February 14th at 1:00 pm or Saturday, February 21 st at 6:00 pm. See the flyer for all of the details including a ticket order form.
Here's the Spelling Bee Buzz
Congratulations to all of the spellers in the Merton School Spelling Bee that took place on Tuesday the 27th. The following students will advance to the regional level of competition on Mon., February 16th: Katryna, Vanessa and Cameron. Way to go spellers! We are excited to have you represent Merton Intermediate School!
Trivia Night for Merton Schools
Save the date: Friday, March 6, 2015 at Ironwood Golf Course
Get a group of eight together for a fun-filled night to support our schools. Our goal is to raise $20,000 to help the gymnasium renovation efforts that will benefit all of our students. There will be prizes for trivia and for the most creative themed teams. Don’t sweat the trivia as “mulligans” will be available See the full page flyer and registration form for details.
Camp Invention - Where Big Ideas Become the Next Big Thing - is coming to Merton Intermediate School July 27-31, 2015.
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame, we are pleased to offer the nationally-acclaimed Camp Invention program to children entering grades one through six. It’s an exciting, weeklong summer adventure in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) that’s all about big ideas. Children work together to seek innovative solutions to real-world problems and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills as they rotate through four modules that reinvent summer fun. For more information including registration, please see the full page flyer or contact Director Mary Iwanski. Register on or before March 20, 2015 to receive $25 off the base price.
Summer School Dates for 2015
- Session 1: June 15 – July 2
- Session 2: July 6 – July 23
- Camp Invention: July 27- July 31
- Session 3: August 3 – August 14
June & July Sessions are three weeks each, Monday-Thursday. Please note that Session 3 is two weeks, 5 days each, Monday-Friday.
2015-2016 Kindergarten Enrollment Underway
If you missed our recent Parent Information Night...
The Merton Community School District is in the planning process for next year’s Early Childhood and Kindergarten classes. We are gathering information on children who will be NEW enrollees in the 2015-16 school year for 4K, 5K or Early Childhood. If you plan to enroll your child at Merton Primary next year for one of the above-mentioned programs please notify Melissa Smith in the Primary Office at 538-2227, at your earliest convenience. We would like to include your family on our mailing list for new enrollees. A letter of invitation will then be sent out in early 2015 for you to attend our annual Parent Information Night which will be held in late January.
If you have a neighbor who is new to our district, or know of a family who is planning to enroll at Merton next year, please share this information with them. (If your child is currently enrolled here at Merton you do not need to respond to this request. We are looking for information on NEW enrollees at this time.) Questions about enrollment for next year, please contact the Primary office at the number listed above.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- 2015 4K new enrollees
- 2015 5K new enrollees
- Families interested in open enrolling in Merton’s 4K or 5K programs
QUESTIONS?? Call the Primary School Office at: (262) 538-2227
In the Event of School Closing Due to Weather Conditions
Please review the following information that will be helpful if we have to close school:
- Sign up for Skylert if you haven’t done so already! School closing notices will be sent to you via the instructions you indicate with Skylert within your Skyward Family Access. When signing up with Skylert please indicate the ways you want to be contacted for emergencies, including school closings.
- When checking the TV or radio announcements for school closings, please watch for ARROWHEAD UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT or ARROWHEAD SCHOOLS. (Merton School is not listed separately!).
- If the weather looks threatening in the morning, review with your child where he/she should go if school closes early: walk home, ride the bus, or if an adult will pick him/her up.
- We ask parents to monitor weather/closings if the weather turns threatening during the school day. Skylert will inform you of any early closings as calling parents of all of our students is not possible.
- Please also realize that a two hour early school closing does not mean that bus routes will operate exactly two hours early. The buses arrive at Merton after completing two prior routes. The length of time any one route takes is dependent on the weather conditions. Be assured that until buses arrive at Merton, your child will remain at school under adult supervision.
|Last Updated: 1/8/15|